Import error with Anaconda/scipy on Python 3.4

14 Dec, 2017 10:14 AM

Recently, one of my builds started failing on Python 3.4 and I can't figure out why. Here's one build:

Basically, I use miniconda and install several scientific Python packages, including numpy and scipy. When importing scipy, I get the error:

File "C:\Miniconda3\envs\test-environment\lib\site-packages\scipy\sparse\linalg\isolve\", line 7, in <module>
    from . import _iterative
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

The DLL module `_iterative` is a standard component of scipy, so conda should install it fine. This fails on both 32 and 64 builds, but works on Python 3.5 and 3.6. It used to work for ALL versions up to around a month or so ago. It also works on ALL versions over at Travis-CI.

It's possible that it's an issue with the Windows conda packages for 3.4, but I don't have a Windows machine handy to test this, and I can't find any other bug reports about this, so it seems odd. scipy is a commonly used package, so it seems like it would have been noticed by now.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I could just disable the 3.4 build, but I figured I'd ask first.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 16 Dec, 2017 02:38 AM

You do not need own Windows machine :) Could you please RDP to build worker and test if it is an issue with the Windows conda packages for 3.4?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac