Http headers for azure blob

chris.reeder

08 Jan, 2018 11:47 PM

I'm wondering if it is possible to set the http headers in an azure blob? I found this support ticket/github issue ( https://help.appveyor.com/discussions/suggestions/1183-azure-blob-storage-headers) but it hasn't been updated since it was made almost a year ago.

Is it possible to set the header or are you planning on adding that ability soon?

Thanks

Chris

1. 1 Posted by chris.reeder on 09 Jan, 2018 07:17 PM

Any word?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 09 Jan, 2018 07:19 PM

Sorry for the silence. Give us a day to re-estimate it and we will come back to you.

Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by chris.reeder on 10 Jan, 2018 01:11 AM

Ok. Thanks

Chris

4. 4 Posted by chris.reeder on 11 Jan, 2018 09:48 PM

Just checking in.

Chris

5. 5 Posted by chris.reeder on 15 Jan, 2018 04:21 PM

Wondering if any progress has been made on this?

Thanks,

Chris

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 15 Jan, 2018 05:08 PM

We are still trying to squeeze this into current milestone (which is going to be deployed this week), but it looks like we will do it with the next milestone.

Do you deploy with inline or with Environments (difference)? Also do you use YAML or UI? I am asking this question because if you use inline and YAML configuration we might be able to deliver it for you earlier.

7. 7 Posted by chris.reeder on 15 Jan, 2018 06:17 PM

I use inline with a yaml file with your Azure deploy to blob. Thanks so much for doing this!

Chris

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 15 Jan, 2018 10:14 PM

Chris, can you please clarify what header besides Cache Control one you need. See optional headers here. Also let us know what is absolutely necessary and what is good to have.

9. 9 Posted by chris.reeder on 16 Jan, 2018 12:11 AM

All I really need is content type and content encoding. That is it. If after that you add other things but for me that is it, and you already seem to set content type if you turn that on.

Thanks,

Chris

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 16 Jan, 2018 01:39 AM

Could you please elaborate the case when AppVeyor does not automatically set content type correctly? Is it related to some specific file extension?

11. 11 Posted by chris.reeder on 16 Jan, 2018 02:30 AM

No Content type seems to be correct. Nothing wrong there, I just need to set content encoding to gzip. So when I push these files to our blob, I gzip them but push them up as .js files.

Hope that makes sense.

Chris

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac