Visual Studio 2017 Installer Project extension needs to be updated

Jeff Klawiter

31 Jan, 2018 04:20 PM

I recently changed my project over to 2017 and found my installer artifact was no longer building. After about a day of trying to figure out the error I was getting when it was building my installer project on appveyor I found that an update was made to the extension yesterday that fixes it. I was able to test this by enabling RDP on my Appveyor build and then manually installing version 0.8.5. I was then able to run my build script without it failing.

tldr: Please make the next update to the 2017 image include the updated version of the installer projects (version 0.8.5)
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VisualStudioPro...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 31 Jan, 2018 07:08 PM

Hi Jeff,

We added this issue for next update. For now please use the following script at install stage as a workaround:

Write-Host "Downloading Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Installer Projects..."
    $vsixPath = "$($env:USERPROFILE)\InstallerProjects.vsix"
    (new-object net.webclient).DownloadFile('https://visualstudioproductteam.gallerycdn.vsassets.io/extensions/visualstudioproductteam/microsoftvisualstudio2017installerprojects/0.8.5/1517363289019/InstallerProjects.vsix', $vsixPath)
    Write-Host "Installing..."
    "`"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VSIXInstaller.exe`" /q /a $vsixPath" | out-file ".\install-vsix.cmd" -Encoding ASCII
    & .\install-vsix.cmd

Ilya.

2. 2 Posted by Bob on 17 Apr, 2018 01:02 PM

For 0.8.6 InstallerProjects.vsix
    Running windows 10, 1703. I get an error "Install Failed" "This extension is not install(able?) on any currently installed products. This is an offline computer. Maybe my version of VS2017 15.6.4 is not yet supported.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 17 Apr, 2018 05:39 PM

@Bob: can you please clarify how this issue is related to AppVeyor continuous integration service?

4. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2018 02:28 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac