Artifact download frequently failing

31 Jan, 2018 11:09 PM

Artifact downloads for builds on repository have been frequently failing lately, and it requires several download retries to download a single zipped artifact.
Example of an artifact from the master branch:

How to go about sorting out this issue?
Thanks in advance,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 31 Jan, 2018 11:47 PM

Artifacts are actually stored in Azure blob storage, in West US region. When you hist the link like you sent, you are actually got redirected to the temporary URL on Azure. I would recommend to use Fiddler to see what happens during download error. Also I wonder if tool you use for download or some firewall in between is not happy with the redirect.

2. 2 Posted by Joker on 28 Feb, 2018 08:34 PM

Whole community has this problem. Most of them using just Chrome/Firefox.

3. 3 Posted by Reef Turner on 07 Mar, 2018 12:49 AM

We (NV Access) are also having intermittent issues with downloading artifacts of NVDA with links such as:,35f00253.exe

So far we have only had reports of failures from Australia/New Zealand, however the reports come from those using several different ISPs.

I had several failures this morning while trying to download snapshots using Chrome, all errors reported "Network Error". Repeated clicking retry seems to eventually (after many failures) result in the file downloading. A colleague also had an error downloading a snapshot while using Firefox.

I tried routing traffic through Fiddler and all downloads seemed to succeed.

After closing Fiddler, downloads continue to succeed.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac