Error: notsup Unsupported platform for node-win-x86

Cory House

11 Feb, 2018 01:55 PM

I'm trying to run with Node 8 specified in package.json as a dependency. However, this produces an error: npm ERR! notsup Unsupported platform for node-win-x86@8.9.4: wanted {"os":"win32","arch":"x86"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"ia32"})

Here's more on what I'm doing and why: https://twitter.com/housecor/status/962347301456015360

Any suggestions? Is this a bug or a misconfiguration on my side?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 12 Feb, 2018 08:43 PM

Hi Cory,

Link to specific project usually helps a lot, but I believe I found it: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/CoryHouse/react-slingshot.

Could you try to remove the cache and let us know if this helped?

For that simple comment out the whole cache section in YAML and rebuild. If this helps, maybe you need to add some cache dependency (invalidate cache is say package-lock.json, package.json, yarn.lock changed) as described here.

P.S. It worked against my fork from the first attempt so I am pretty positive that cache yarn files are the issue.

2. 2 Posted by Cory House on 13 Feb, 2018 02:08 AM

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 13 Feb, 2018 03:15 AM

Oh, I was wrong with my experiment, I just noticed that all failed builds are for PRs and my try was again last good commit. Sorry for maybe naive question -- does the same commends works OK for you against the same repo on your local Windows machine (if you have one)?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 13 Feb, 2018 07:48 PM

Hi Cory,

Can you also try to run - ps: Install-Product node $env:nodejs_version x64 instead of - ps: Install-Product node $env:nodejs_version?

Let us know if this helps.

Ilya.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 16 Feb, 2018 03:45 AM

6. 6 Posted by Cory House on 16 Feb, 2018 12:51 PM

Thanks Ilya - That fixed it! :)

7. 7 Posted by Cory House on 16 Feb, 2018 12:51 PM

Hi Owen - Yep! :)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac