Custom build script (“Script” mode)

Abscissa

06 Mar, 2018 07:32 AM

A build error message says:

"The build phase is set to "MSBuild" mode (default), but no Visual Studio project or solution files were found in the root directory. If you are not building Visual Studio project switch build mode to "Script" and provide your custom build command."

Additionally, the docs say:

"You may configure your own custom build script (“Script” mode) instead of calling MSBuild or disable build phase altogether."

But I have yet to find any documentation of how to do this in the yaml file.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 06 Mar, 2018 07:39 AM

2. 2 Posted by Bobby on 05 Jun, 2018 08:56 PM

I could use some more clarification. I don't believe anything in that documentation explains what yml settings "build mode" corresponds to. Is the error message incorrectly worded? The build-configuration documentation enumerates the various flavors of Script blocks, but I don't see anything in there about a "Script Mode".

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 05 Jun, 2018 09:08 PM

If your YAML file contains build: section, AppVeyor will work in "MSBuild" mode. Of it does not contain build: section, but contains build_script: section, it will work in a "Script Mode". Also you can explicitly disable "MSBuild" mode with setting build: off.

Playing with Build tab in UI, saving and then pressing Export YAML should give you a good idea of those settings.

4. 4 Posted by Abscissa on 07 Jun, 2018 02:35 AM

Ilya, thanks. That explains it for me. This information really should be added to the documentation, though.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

16 Jun, 2018 09:22 AM
15 Jun, 2018 09:31 PM
15 Jun, 2018 08:31 PM
15 Jun, 2018 04:29 PM