I can no longer build my project - something missing - c++ support?

shaun_wilde

21 Mar, 2018 05:50 AM

When I try to compile OpenCover, it now stops with the following error

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/sawilde/opencover/build/4.7.825

[exec] C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.Test.Profiler\OpenCover.Test.Profiler.vcxproj(29,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

it seems to be a recent thing - last 2 weeks

I'll try to investigate but if the recent change is obvious to someone any help would be appreciated

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 21 Mar, 2018 07:15 AM

This seems like the problem discussed here. Please let us know if this helped.

2. 2 Posted by shaun_wilde on 21 Mar, 2018 09:11 PM

I'll give it a try but this is a native c++ project so not sure what dotnet core has to do with it.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 21 Mar, 2018 09:28 PM

Sorry. this must be a premature answer. Can you try "previous" image to see if this is related to the recent image update (https://www.appveyor.com/updates/2018/03/12/)?

But even if this helps, please update us and let us know if your idea about specific root cause. We have to ensure it is understood and fixed until next build worker image update (when "current" image will become "previous").

4. 4 Posted by shaun_wilde on 21 Mar, 2018 10:41 PM

thanks the global.json did the trick (after a couple of stabs)

• seems the error was always there but 2.1.4 ignores the error as the project is a c++ one
         [exec] C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.Profiler\OpenCover.Profiler.vcxproj(31,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
         [exec] C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.Test.Profiler\OpenCover.Test.Profiler.vcxproj(29,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
         [exec] C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.Profiler\OpenCover.Profiler.vcxproj : warning NU1503: Skipping restore for project 'C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.Profiler\OpenCover.Profiler.vcxproj'. The project file may be invalid or missing targets required for restore. [C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.sln]
         [exec] C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.Test.Profiler\OpenCover.Test.Profiler.vcxproj : warning NU1503: Skipping restore for project 'C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.Test.Profiler\OpenCover.Test.Profiler.vcxproj'. The project file may be invalid or missing targets required for restore. [C:\projects\opencover\main\OpenCover.sln]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 21 Mar, 2018 10:58 PM

Great, thanks for the update!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac