Digital Ocean S3 depoyment

RonG

01 May, 2018 02:06 AM

I'm trying to deploy my app to Digital Ocean's S3 compatible storage without success.

At the end of the build, I get the following:

Deploying using S3 provider
Unzipping artifact "_buildWin/MyProgram.zip" to Amazon S3 bucket "my-bucket" folder "myfolder"
Uploading file "concrt140.dll" to S3 bucket "my-bucket" as "myfolder/concrt140.dll"...A WebException with status NameResolutionFailure was thrown.

My .yml file has the following:

deploy:
  - provider: S3
    access_key_id: XXXXXX
    secret_access_key:
      secure: XXXXXX
    region: nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com
    bucket: my-bucket
    folder: myfolder
    artifact: myartifact
    set_public: false
    unzip: true

I noticed the S3 regions in your examples aren't fully qualified, so I'm wondering if it's hardcoded to Amazon's S3.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 02 May, 2018 07:49 AM

AppVeyor S3 provider tied to Amazon S3 and cannot be used with Digital Ocean storage. I see that they recommend s3cmd.

You should be able to download it from GtiHub, unzip (7z is installed on build workers), install python-dateutil with pip, configure and use it.

All this is script-able in AppVeyor configuration. Also you can debug in RDP. Note however that build environment variables are not available in RDP, so you need to re-create them manually.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac