GUI tests problems

Eugene Ilin

24 May, 2018 06:45 AM

Hello.

I use AppVeyor to test a GUI for a project that is written in Python and wxPython. Sometimes tests fall with a message: "wxTextMeasure::BeginMeasuring(): Must not be used with non-native wxDCs"

For example - https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Jenyay/outwiker/build/job/qvum7e70a2jmcq9h

Restarting the build usually runs without problems, but sometimes not the first time.

1. 1 Posted by Eugene Ilin on 24 May, 2018 06:53 AM

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 25 May, 2018 05:02 PM

The stochastic nature of this failure is indeed puzzling. Have you been getting consistent results from the same branch on your local machine?
    Also, I don't know anything about fabric except that it defines itself as "a high level Python library designed to execute shell commands remotely over SSH, yielding useful Python objects in return". As far as i can tell your build is not executing remote commands, is it?

3. 3 Posted by Eugene Ilin on 25 May, 2018 05:52 PM

> Have you been getting consistent results from the same branch on your local machine?

On the local machine, there was no such error.

> I don't know anything about fabric except that it defines itself as "a high level Python library designed to execute shell commands remotely over SSH, yielding useful Python objects in return". As far as i can tell your build is not executing remote commands, is it?

I use Fabric just to run the build, just like the Makefile. Remote calls are not used.

If this error occurs, it appears in all tests where the GUI is created, otherwise, all tests pass without errors.

Could this be due to the load on the server at the moment?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 28 May, 2018 11:17 PM

Could you try committing your pipfile.lock to source control?

5. 5 Posted by Eugene Ilin on 30 May, 2018 09:14 AM

I uploaded Pipfile.lock to the pipfile branch.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 31 May, 2018 11:47 AM

Did it have any effect on the regularity of your builds?

7. 7 Posted by Eugene Ilin on 31 May, 2018 04:46 PM

More likely no than yes. Recently, I often have to restart build. You can see history - https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Jenyay/outwiker/history

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

16 Jun, 2018 09:22 AM
15 Jun, 2018 09:31 PM
15 Jun, 2018 08:31 PM
15 Jun, 2018 04:29 PM