Xunit tests failing on Xunit.SkipException instead of being skipped

stano

02 Jul, 2018 01:17 PM

Hello.

We have Xunit tests in our projects and we use Xunit.SkippableFact to dynamically skip tests, which cannot be run. This tests should be skipped, not failing. It perfectly works on our computers and it also worked on AppVeyor. But a week or so ago, it stopped working in AppVeyor. Now the build fails because the tests are failing. But the tests are OK, they should be just skipped. You can see log: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Kros/kros-libs-u2wo6/build/1.0.333

Please does anybody know what is happening and why the tests stopped working?

Thanks a lot, Stano

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 03 Jul, 2018 07:27 AM

This may well be due to my incomplete understanding of the topic at hand, so feel free to educate me, but...

I see one half of the dynamic test skipping logic you refer to in Kros.Libs/Kros.KORM/tests/Kros.KORM.MsAccess.UnitTests/Helpers.cs which looks like it was added around the time your builds started failing.
    But I don't see any tests marked with the [SkippableFact] attribute that seems to me to be required (i.e. the other half).

2. 2 Posted by stano on 04 Jul, 2018 06:41 AM

Hi Owen.

I am really ashamed. You are right, that I do not have correct attribute on tests (we do have quite a bunch of other tests as SkippableFact). Probably I was looking at those tests fot too long so I could not see the forest because of the trees.

Really thanks a lot, Stano.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 04 Jul, 2018 02:49 PM

No problem. I got to learn a little more about about Xunit!

4. Owen McDonnell closed this discussion on 04 Jul, 2018 02:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac