pthreads-win32 support

Guru Shetty

05 Feb, 2015 10:45 PM

pthreads-win32 is a popular opensource pthreads library for Windows.

We use pthreads-win32 for the openvswitch project.
Today I integrated the openvswitch project with AppVeyor and had a sucessful build here (While testing yesterday, I had many successful builds):
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/shettyg/ovs/build/1.0.1

In the yml file, I do:
mkdir C:\pthreads-win32
$source = "ftp://sourceware.org/pub/pthreads-win32/pthreads-w32-2-9-1-release.zip"
 $destination = "C:\pthreads-win32\pthreads-win32.zip"
Invoke-WebRequest $source -OutFile $destination

But right now, my build fails saying that I cannot connect to remote server. The log is here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/shettyg/ovs/build/1.0.2

I do not have any problems connecting to sourceware.org from my local machine. I wonder there is a problem at Appveyor's network?
Would it be possible to provide the pthreads-win32.zip pre-installed in C:\pthreads-win32 ? The 2.9.1 version is a stable release done 2 years ago.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 06 Feb, 2015 01:31 AM

Could probably deploy that to "unstable" image.

-Feodor

2. 2 Posted by Guru Shetty on 06 Feb, 2015 01:53 AM

Thank you Feodor for all the help that you provide here! It looks like my builds started working fine again (after around 3 failures). Does the ones in "unstable" eventually make it to the default one? Nevertheless, if I have more trouble with downloading for every build, I will start using unstable. If you prefer not to install it in "unstable" right away, that should be fine too (I am not sure how often will I find downloading from external websites to be a problem).

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 06 Feb, 2015 01:56 AM

OK, let's leave it as is for now. Anyway, downloading it is more flexible ;)

-Feodor

4. 4 Posted by tony on 06 Feb, 2015 08:14 AM

If it's not too big of a download, I add things like this that I need to download on every build to the cache setting. That way you can avoid unreliable network issues with downloads.

5. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2018 01:53 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac