Disk space quota exceeded

Mathieu

02 Aug, 2018 06:15 AM

Hi,

I am trying to build a product that should weight about 2 GB, so I would assume I need at the very least 4 GB of disk space to be able to package my product.

Problem is, I get this error message when I am close to the end of the packaging phase:
>Build exceeded allowed resource quotas. Fix your build to consume less resources or contact AppVeyor support to request quotas increase.

What can I do about this? I could not find out how much disk space is included in my current plan.

Thanks in advance for the support.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 02 Aug, 2018 06:52 AM

It may not be disk space that is causing the error.
    I can look into it, but I don't see any thing that would indicate a problem on the account associated with your email. Do you have another account?

2. 2 Posted by Mathieu on 02 Aug, 2018 06:55 AM

My bad, I used my personal email address. The account email is [email blocked]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 02 Aug, 2018 03:40 PM

It was actually disk space, which makes me think your package must be well over 4Gb. In any case, we increased your disk size by 10Gb.
    But as an additional precautionary step, you can try to remove things on the VM that you are not using but that are taking a lot of that space. Cygwin alone, for instance, if removed can allow you to reclaim a few GB of space.

Just add these two lines to the init: stage of your yaml config file.

- ps: Remove-Item -Recurse -Force C:/cygwin
      - ps: Remove-Item -Recurse -Force C:/cygwin64

You can use the same approach for any other extraneous pre-installed software on the VM.

4. 4 Posted by Mathieu on 03 Aug, 2018 04:53 AM

Hi Owen,

Thanks for the extra 10 GB. Unfortunately, I feel like disk space was not my only issue here, and I am not sure what else is causing me trouble.

I have improved my delivery process a bit to save as much disk space as possible. I have also tried cleaning as many "useless" things as possible to see if I could make my build pass:

Deleting DirectX SDK...
    Deleting Android NDK...
    Deleting Boost...
    Deleting Go...
    Deleting Ruby...
    Deleting Miniconda...
    Deleting Perl...
    Deleting MinGW...
    Deleting Cygwin...
    Deleting MSYS...
    Deleting Qt...

The cleaning process takes more than 13 minutes, so I would assume it frees a lot of disk space. But even like this, I could not make my build pass. It fails really close to the end: sometimes my artefacts are deployed via my custom deploy_script, but even then the build still fails with the same error message:

Build exceeded allowed resource quotas. Fix your build to consume less resources or contact AppVeyor support to request quotas increase.

I am not sure what resource quota I am exceeding here. Locally, my build does not appear to ask that much resource. Any hint on how I can figure out what resource is lacking (disk space, memory, ...) and how I can solve it?

Thanks a lot

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 03 Aug, 2018 05:30 AM

I believe it is still disk usage, however it may be a possibility that hyper-v disk activity is all being counted as positive and that deletion is actually using up more space.

In case that is what's happening, we increased your build machine disk to 110GB and I would ask you to try your build again without any of the file deletion that I previously recommended.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac