Unable to add team member to account

Richard

01 Sep, 2018 03:56 PM

I have tried to follow the instructions at https://www.appveyor.com/docs/team-setup/#setting-up-appveyor-account-for-github-organization to set up an account for my GitHub team.
I have create the new appVeyor account, set up the name appropriately and have added my personal email address as an administrator on the team page. However, when I log in to appVeyor with my github account (which has the same email address as it's primary address) I do not get any option for which account to sign in as and I cannot see any way to accept the invite. (If i click the link in the invite email, I end up logging in with my github account and in the same position)

Any help on getting this working would be appreciated.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 01 Sep, 2018 05:22 PM

Higher up on the page of the docs you linked to is the definitions, which is a worthwhile (and short) read.

\I'm guessing that you added your personal email as a User. This won't work since you already have an account (i.e. you are not a New User). Instead, you need to add yourself as Collaborator.

This is admittedly not intuitive as it should be and it is part of the user experience for which we are currently working on improvements.

2. 2 Posted by Richard on 04 Sep, 2018 09:20 PM

Thank you, that was indeed the problem. All is working now.

3. Owen McDonnell closed this discussion on 04 Sep, 2018 09:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac