Package publishes to NuGet but AppVeyor reports "No artifacts published"

mcguirev10

29 Sep, 2018 02:25 PM

I'm doing manual builds for the master branch of this repo.

Build 5 published package 1.0.1 to NuGet but reported "No artifacts published." I didn't notice that it did actually publish and continued working to figure out the problem. Due to old activity that isn't relevant here, the next build was number 10, then 11 -- and only then did I realize it had published (and backtracked through history to figure out which one worked).

Is there a problem in my yml or ps1 that prevents AppVeyor from recognizing a successful publish event?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 29 Sep, 2018 11:29 PM

This error comes from GitHub deployment, Nuget deployment finished OK.

Specifically it cannot recognize artifacts described here. It is expected that if you use regular expression or simple wildcard here, you need to wrap it in forward slashes, e.g. /artifacts/dotnet-curses*.nupkg/, otherwise AppVeyor does simple string comparison within existing artifacts and cannot match any of them.

For your case, it seems that you want to deploy all artifacts provided by build to GitHub, so it is simple just remove artifact setting from GitHub provider at all.

Side note: use .NET Core .csproj files patching for automatic versioning of your nuget packages.

2. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 30 Nov, 2018 09:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac