Builds are randomly stuck

archomeda

09 Mar, 2015 09:07 PM

I've been noticing this problem when using AppVeyor frequently lately. Builds are randomly stuck and will eventually time out unless I cancel them. It's not much though, as it might have been 4 builds out of 60 or so.

Anyway, these are the builds:

• Stuck in PowerShell script: This script updates the version number inside a file and also on AppVeyor (by using Update-AppveyorBuild). Don't know why it got stuck.
  • Random unhandled exception in msbuild: Don't know why it threw that exception, other jobs were/are fine and it only happened once so far (it got stuck after this exception, had to cancel it).
  • Stuck in PowerShell script again: This time I don't even have a clue where it got stuck. There's not even an output here.
  • Stuck when cloning: Again, clueless (depending whether the other job in the matrix fails or succeeds, the link might change to this)

These failures seem totally random to me, as most of the time the jobs are running just fine. Is there some sort of error on my part or are the servers having a hiccup?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 09 Mar, 2015 09:14 PM

Don't stop this one for now I'm going to take a look.

2. 2 Posted by archomeda on 09 Mar, 2015 09:19 PM

I figured it would be helpful to keep it running just in case it was needed ^^
    Thanks for taking a look!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 09 Mar, 2015 09:21 PM

That build...looks like the system decided the worker unhealthy and recycled it immediately after the build started. Will try to re-construct what happened.

4. 4 Posted by archomeda on 09 Mar, 2015 09:46 PM

Hmm, is it a coincidence that the next build that was in queue is currently stuck as well, or are you working on it? :)

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 09 Mar, 2015 09:49 PM

I'm afraid it's not a coincidence but it's a bug. Looks like it happens when worker is provisioned in the second or 3rd region (i.e. when it takes longer than 5 minutes).

6. 6 Posted by archomeda on 09 Mar, 2015 09:58 PM

Right, I understand. Is there anything else I can do on my part, or do I have to wait for it to get fixed?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 09 Mar, 2015 10:01 PM

Thanks, I've got enough data. Will be fixing that. Hopefully, will deploy update later today.

8. 8 Posted by archomeda on 09 Mar, 2015 10:05 PM

Okay, looking forward to it. Thanks for your quick response!

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 10 Mar, 2015 04:20 AM

Just deployed an update with a fix for this issue. Seems like it's gone?

10. 10 Posted by archomeda on 10 Mar, 2015 06:45 PM

Did a couple of builds, and so far no issues yet.
    I trust that it's solved, so I'll close this. If I happen to come across this problem again, I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

11. archomeda closed this discussion on 10 Mar, 2015 06:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac