PR Webhook failing with "There was an error while trying to complete the current operation"

Bryan Phelps

16 Oct, 2018 05:32 PM

Hello,

We're hitting an issue with our `esy` AppVeyor project: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/esy/esy

We noticed that the PR validation wasn't working, and saw this message in our 'Recent Deliveries' for the appveyor webhook:
{"message":"There was an error while trying to complete the current operation. Please contact AppVeyor support."}

Is there anything else we can do to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks for your help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 16 Oct, 2018 06:33 PM

Your build has exceeded the build quota of 10GB incoming traffic.
    It is now unblocked. Can you find some way to limit network traffic in your build?

2. 2 Posted by Bryan Phelps on 16 Oct, 2018 06:46 PM

Thanks Owen!

Definitely, I will look into it. Is that just for the `esy` project, or across all the projects in our org 'esy'? In addition, do cache downloads count towards that?

I investigated and I see a potential culprit - we're missing caching our cygwin dependency + packages. Will work on a fix for that in the meantime.

Thanks again for the help-
    Bryan

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 19 Oct, 2018 01:57 AM

Hi Bryan,

It was only esy project which hit that limit, but abuse prevention system blocks whole account in cases like this. We not just unblocked your account, but also bumped your incoming traffic quota a little bit, as we do not see any abuse here. So you are safe. However some effort from your side to decrease incoming traffic will not hurt :)

Ilya.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac