Bash find command

andydavies2020

19 Oct, 2018 07:32 PM

When you run a (bash) shell script, the find command is pointing to a version in /c/windows/system32/, rather than the expected version which ships with git/bash (which would be /usr/bin/find)

You can see an example of this in my Crispin project, the output of which find is this line:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Pondidum/crispin/builds/19648159#L173

This used to point to /usr/bin/find at some point, as that is how I have always been running my tests (yay for dotnet core not being able to run a Solution file with the dotnet test command and not fall over on a non-test project).

Currently, I am working around the issue by specifying the find path completely, but I now have to go through a lot of build scripts to find (ha) which other ones are broken because of this.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 19 Oct, 2018 11:21 PM

Can you please link to a build where you used the find command with success.

2. 2 Posted by andydavies2020 on 29 Oct, 2018 01:26 PM

Hi Owen,

Sorry for the slow reply, I didn't get an email notification for the topic, and forgot until now.

I've looked back through a couple of projects, and it apears the find call has never worked as expected, and the successful builds were from when the scripts were using gulp scripts to find & run the tests.

So I guess my fault for not noticing it (and forgetting to put set -e at the top of the shell scripts so I notice errors). Still odd behaviour for the bash environment to favour a windows command though!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 31 Oct, 2018 07:33 PM

I think it just depends on where git/bash is in the path vs system32.

4. Owen McDonnell closed this discussion on 31 Oct, 2018 07:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac