Conversion from free to paid plan causes builds to no longer work

DonLakeFlyer

07 Nov, 2018 07:07 PM

Recently our AppVeyor account was change from a free to one of the paid plans. When that was done are CI builds stopped working. Here is an example: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Dronecode/qgroundcontrol/. The error is "Error fetching YAML configuration file from the repository. Make sure AppVeyor is authorized to access your gitHub account: AppVeyor GitHub App is not installed for account "mavlink"."

When I go here: https://github.com/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/settings/installations. It shows AppVeyor as being installed as a Github app. But for some reason I can't click the configure button.

We can't seem to find a way to fix this. I assume there is some setting wrong or possibly some permission wrong somewhere. Can anyone help to figure out what that may be?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 08 Nov, 2018 06:37 PM

You mean the configure button is visible but unresponsive/grayed out?

2. 2 Posted by DonLakeFlyer on 08 Nov, 2018 06:52 PM

Correct. Grayed out/disabled. That's the only thing we can find that seems wrong.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 09 Nov, 2018 12:01 AM

Can you have whomever installed the GitHub app on that account re-install it from AppVeyor account settings?

4. 4 Posted by DonLakeFlyer on 09 Nov, 2018 12:08 AM

When I do that the repository that I've linked to above doesn't show up in the list to pick from.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 09 Nov, 2018 12:13 AM

Just to get you building again while we investigate can you revert to oauth app authorization?

6. 6 Posted by DonLakeFlyer on 09 Nov, 2018 06:19 PM

Done

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 10 Nov, 2018 01:33 AM

Can you send a screenshot of the disabled button so we're sure that we're referring to the same thing?

8. 8 Posted by DonLakeFlyer on 10 Nov, 2018 07:13 PM

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 11 Nov, 2018 06:35 AM

This probably means that you do not have enough permissions in the organization to configure GitHub App. You have to be either "GitHub App manager" or owner, according to the docs. As long as this button is available you can select what repositories AppVeyor can access. You can ask organization owner to do that or grant you "GitHub App manager" permissions.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac