Deadlock with Deployment Agent

tucaz

04 May, 2015 11:23 PM

Hi,

I'm using the deployment agent to deploy a windows service based on TopShelf. The agent is able to copy and unzip the artifact into the correct folder, but it encounters a deadlock error at the beginning of the execution. Can I be doing anything wrong?

Here is the relevant part of the log:

Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : Deployment Agent service Start
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : Deployment Agent Host start
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : ApiServer.Start()
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : Agent API URL: http://localhost:61834/
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : SignalR connection starting...
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : SignalR connected via webSockets
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : Registering deployment agent
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : Deployment agent registered
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : Deployment job started: q7g9ofln9dig3bl5
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Information: 0 : Looking for deploy.ps1 at C:\appveyor\projects\bsp\applications\BSP_1.0.0.41\deploy.ps1
Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.Service.exe Error: 0 : SignalR error: Possible deadlock detected. A callback registered with "HubProxy.On" or "Connection.Received" has been executing for at least 10 seconds.,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 04 May, 2015 11:30 PM

Was it able to complete the deployment despite of that error?

2. 2 Posted by tucaz on 04 May, 2015 11:38 PM

Hi,

Yes. I didn't check the deployment folder before posting the question. My bad. Should I be concerned by the error?

Also, is this the most detailed log we can get? It would be really nice if we could have a really verbose log with each command that was run.

Right now my .config file for the deployment agent looks like this:

<system.diagnostics>
        <switches>
          <add name="Log" value="4" />
          <!-- 0 - Off, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info, 4 - Verbose -->
        </switches>
        <trace autoflush="true">
          <listeners>
            <add name="EventLogListener" type="Appveyor.DeploymentAgent.EventLogTraceListener, Appveyor.DeploymentAgent" initializeData="Deployment Agent" />
            <add name="ConsoleListener" type="System.Diagnostics.ConsoleTraceListener" />
            <add name="DefaultListener" type="System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener" initializeData="C:\temp\DeploymentAgent.log" />
            <remove name="Default" />
          </listeners>
        </trace>
      </system.diagnostics>

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 04 May, 2015 11:43 PM

That error started appearing after we updated SignalR to version 2.2. Looking at its verbiage ("Possible") I'd treat it as warning though they log it as "Error".

We will add more logging over the time. I've added a new issue: https://github.com/appveyor/ci/issues/259

4. 4 Posted by tucaz on 04 May, 2015 11:46 PM

Thanks!

It would be really nice to see a more verbose logging like steps to download artifacts, temporary file being copied, unzip and installation steps depending on the artifact type.

5. tucaz closed this discussion on 04 May, 2015 11:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Mar, 2019 11:26 PM
20 Mar, 2019 09:03 PM
20 Mar, 2019 08:55 PM