Node Grunt Build: Specify a project or solution file. The directory does not contain a project or solution file.

bniemyjski

26 May, 2015 06:37 PM

I was hoping I could get some help.. I'm just trying to run grunt default and grunt test like I'm doing in 3 other projects... However this one fails every time and I have no clue what's wrong... It's trying to look for a project file but I'm only using node tasks.. https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Exceptionless/tracekit

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 26 May, 2015 06:41 PM

Disable "Build' phase on project settings. Is there any particular reason of using Git provider, but not GitHub? Git provider doesn't support appveyor.yml if you need it.

2. 2 Posted by bniemyjski on 26 May, 2015 06:45 PM

I'm not an owner on the repo just a contributor and as such It doesn't show up in the github list.. How can I get it to use the appveyor.yml file.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 26 May, 2015 06:48 PM

Add a new GitHub project for some other public repo of yours, then edit repo name on General tab of project settings to point that repo. Webhook is obviously set this case (you don't have permissions), but you can ask repo owner to add it later.

4. 4 Posted by bniemyjski on 26 May, 2015 06:50 PM

How do I add my github user under the list of selectable github repositories?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 26 May, 2015 06:55 PM

OK, if your AppVeyor account is authorized under different (presumably org or build bot) GitHub account then choose any public repo you have access to.

6. 6 Posted by bniemyjski on 26 May, 2015 06:59 PM

I had to logout and log back in using my github account... Just stinks I can't add it under our plan.

7. 7 Posted by David GRayson on 17 Oct, 2015 05:27 PM

Feodor Fitsner says "Git provider doesn't support appveyor.yml if you need it." Is there a reason for this limitation? It makes it hard for people to set up AppVeyor for GitHub repositories that they are not the owner of. It also locks people into using GitHub, instead of giving them the freedom to set up a git on their own server instead.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 17 Oct, 2015 08:09 PM

It's not my laziness. There is a technical limitation indeed. GitHub, BitBucket, VSO and Kiln provide API that allows fetching a single file (appveyor.yml) under specified revision without cloning the entire repo, so the flow is: 1) AppVeyor creates a new build", 2) downloads appveyor.yml using API, 3) starts build jobs on build workers which clone entire repo.

9. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2018 02:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac