One part of the build takes too long

tidusjar

16 Apr, 2019 10:06 PM

Hello,

So one part of the build takes a few minutes locally on different machines I have access to, but when running through your AppVeyor VM's it seems to take ~30 minutes. I don't understand why, it doesn't even look like it's processing anything.

So because of this depending on how long that part of the build takes it can easily reach the 1 hour limit and has done.

The bit that is taking so long is when we are executing ng build --prod

Here is an example of a build: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/tidusjar/requestplex/builds/23892210

Here is the yml file for that build: https://github.com/tidusjar/Ombi/blob/feature/v4/appveyor.yml

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 17 Apr, 2019 05:35 AM

Well, depending on the specs of your local machine, this doesn't seem a totally unreasonable discrepancy.I believe ng build, particularly with -prod is not a light operation and build machines are often considerably more modest in terms of specs.

We have extended you build timeout to 90 minutes if that helps. But if you think there is something else going on here you could also RDP to the build worker to investigate.

2. 2 Posted by tidusjar on 17 Apr, 2019 07:48 AM

I should have mentioned that this has only recently become an issue this past month or so. Before that it was working fine.

It doesn't even seem to actually start the process when ng build -prod is run, it looks like it just hangs.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 17 Apr, 2019 10:42 AM

Did you try to open some older and faster build and press RE-BUILD COMMIT?

4. 4 Posted by tidusjar on 24 Apr, 2019 08:23 PM

I'll look into it further when I get time. Thanks

5. tidusjar closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2019 08:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac