Vctest.exe can't find tests in an assembly

Vassili Voronkov

24 Apr, 2019 08:05 PM

HI!
I am trying to run tests using the following command line:
vstest.console /logger:Appveyor <assembly>

I am receiving the following message:
Warning: No test is available in ...Dyalect.UnitTests.dll. Make sure that installed test discoverers & executors, platform & framework version settings are appropriate and try again.

The same command runs fine locally. Is there is something I forgot to configure?

Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 24 Apr, 2019 11:10 PM

Can you please link to the build and share your configuration in yaml format.

2. 2 Posted by Vassili Voronko... on 25 Apr, 2019 05:29 AM

This is my last build:
    https://ci.appveyor.com/project/vorov2/dyalect

And I am not using yml configuration file.

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 25 Apr, 2019 08:17 PM

You can go to Project settings -> Export Yaml tab to export a .yml config file.

4. 4 Posted by Vassili Voronko... on 26 Apr, 2019 09:52 AM

This is my complete Yaml at the moment:

version: 1.0.{build}
    image: Visual Studio 2017
    build_script:
    - cmd: dotnet build c:\projects\dyalect\Dyalect.sln

No tests are being discovered.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 26 Apr, 2019 02:19 PM

Try to run this locally with the same command that AppVeyor generates nunit3-console c:\projects\dyalect\Dyalect.UnitTests\bin\Debug\Dyalect.UnitTests.dll --result=myresults.xml;format=AppVeyor and let us know the result.

6. 6 Posted by Vassili Voronko... on 27 Apr, 2019 07:29 AM

It all works fine for me locally (if I remove format=AppVeyor). I thought that may be the reason of this problem that I am using a manual command for build and not MSBuild. So I tried to switch to MSBuild and now see errors like:

C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.2.103\Sdks\Microsoft.NET.Sdk\targets\Microsoft.PackageDependencyResolution.targets(208,5): error NETSDK1004: Assets file 'C:\projects\dyalect\Dyalect\obj\project.assets.json' not found. Run a NuGet package restore to generate this file. [C:\projects\dyalect\Dyalect\Dyalect.csproj]

The strange thing is that assets.json is clearly available in obj folder when I build locally.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 28 Apr, 2019 05:21 AM

It's quite difficult to understand your project history with changes to UI commands, changes to csproj files, changes in testing frameworks etc.

Please point to a single build for which you think the build VM is failing and explain what you think expected behaviour should be. Also, post what your configuration was for that specific build.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac