Deployment agent not working recently

Liang

30 Jun, 2015 05:16 PM

We've been having problems with our deployment since 26th June. I tried updating the deployment agent to both versions 2.6.4 and 3.0.5, the error we keep getting is "SignalR error: Possible deadlock detected. A callback registered with "HubProxy.On" or "Connection.Received" has been executing for at least 10 seconds.", seems like you are already aware of this issue. Would this cause the deployment to fail?

The deployment job outputs "Deployment job started" and then the timer keeps ticking with nothing else happening on the agent. If I restart the agent then the timer stops and the deployment shows as succeeded on the web interface but nothing is deployed on the server. Any idea if something else could be causing this? Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 30 Jun, 2015 05:21 PM

I don't think that "deadlock" error (warning that logged as error) is causing problems. I'd stick to 3.0.5 going forward. What kind of app are you deploying? Where the server is located?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 30 Jun, 2015 05:48 PM

Hold on. Looks like I can reproduce it here. Will take a look what's wrong.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 30 Jun, 2015 06:21 PM

OK, it looks like it doesn't hang but artifact download is really slow. Azure is having some networking issues today: http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/#current

I'm going to write their support to see if that could affect storage.

4. 4 Posted by Liang on 01 Jul, 2015 08:45 AM

Thanks for looking into this, our server is on Amazon EC2 and it's a self hosted web application. I can see that the deployment succeeded eventually after about an hour. There were some other errors raised which look related to logging and didn't stop the deployment itself, I've attached the details if you want to have a look separately.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 01 Jul, 2015 07:02 PM

OK, great! Definitely that was because of networking problems on Azure.

Thanks for sending the log - I'll investigate.

6. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2018 01:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac