Found 0 deployable artifacts.

ashetyn.white

10 Jul, 2019 03:00 PM

Ive set up the agent on our server, set the environment to this. the build gives a valid .zip artifact, but still the deployment seems to not be able to find the artifact.

Unable to find any application to deploy. Please ensure that artifacts you want to deploy are named, and required deployment provider settings are set.

Exported yml:

version: 1.0.{build}
branches:
  only:
  - dev
image: Visual Studio 2019
configuration: Release
clone_folder: C:\inetpub\deploytest\AppVeyor
before_build:
- cmd: dotnet restore ./deployapp/deployapp.sln --verbosity m
build:
  verbosity: minimal
before_package:
- cmd: dotnet publish ./deployapp/deployapp/deployapp.csproj
artifacts:
- path: '\deployapp\deployapp\bin\Release\netcoreapp2.2\publish\'
  name: deploy1
  type: WebDeployPackage
deploy:
- provider: Environment
  name: deployappEnv
  on:
    branch: Dev

I have read through many of these situations and i think the first thing is to specify the name of the artifact in the deployment portion of the yml, BUT there doesnt seem to be a very obvious way to do this in the website interface. Is this only something that can be done by editing the yml file and uploading to git root?

is there something i'm missing?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 10 Jul, 2019 07:33 PM

Sorry for confusion. If I understand correctly, you installed AppVeyor deployment agent on your server, but deployment is not starting.

I believe that we need to look deeper into the setting of deployappEnv deployment environment. Am I correct that you are going to deploy it as IIS WebSIte? If yes, do you have <artifact_name>.deploy_website: true (in your specific case deploy1.deploy_website: true) provider setting in the deployappEnv deployment environment?

2. 2 Posted by ashetyn.white on 11 Jul, 2019 02:14 PM

Ok so i added what you said to put and it made more progress!

however, now this is the error's im getting:

Deployment job started
    Found 1 deployable artifacts.
    Deploying Web application deploy1
    Downloading artifact package deployapp/deployapp/bin/Release/netcoreapp2.2/deploy1.zip (179,239 bytes)
    New website 'deploy1' with 'deploy1' app pool will be created with the root at 'C:\appveyor\projects\deployapp\applications\deploy1'
    Creating website root directory 'C:\appveyor\projects\deployapp\applications\deploy1'
    Created new website 'deploy1' with bindings:
    Application path with expanded environment variables: C:\appveyor\projects\deployapp\applications\deploy1
    Updating web site deploy1 contents from WebDeploy package C:\Windows\TEMP\ckd44vvq.vk1\deploy1.zip
    Info: Adding MSDeploy.contentPath (MSDeploy.contentPath).
    Info: Adding virtual path (.)
    Site '.' does not exist. Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?
    LinkId=221672#ERROR_SITE_DOES_NOT_EXIST.

also notice it seems to be deploying locally in c:\appveyor\projects\deployapp\application\deploy1 instead of on our server. is this correct?

Edit So it created a directory for the deploy1 deployment in the server, however it did not deploy anything to that directory. i was mistaken thinking it was local

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 12 Jul, 2019 12:59 AM

Hmm... Can you please try removing type: WebDeployPackage from the YAML, or if you use UI, set Type to Auto.

I am not sure I understand part about deploying locally. You mean it started deploying on your computer? Did you install AppVeyor agent with the same environment access key on your computer by any chance?

4. 4 Posted by ashetyn.white on 12 Jul, 2019 01:24 PM

I have set it to Auto and now this is the output

Deployment job started
    Found 1 deployable artifacts.
    Deploying Web application deploy1
    Downloading artifact package deployapp/deployapp/bin/Release/netcoreapp2.2/deploy1.zip (179,236 bytes)
    Website 'default web site' already exists with 'DefaultAppPool' app pool and root directory at 'C:\inetpub\deploytest'
    Application path with expanded environment variables: C:\inetpub\deploytest
    Updating web site default web site contents from WebDeploy package C:\Windows\TEMP\3abn4ify.ih1\deploy1.zip
    Info: Adding MSDeploy.contentPath (MSDeploy.contentPath).
    Info: Adding virtual path (.)
    Site '.' does not exist. Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_SITE_DOES_NOT_EXIST.

my apologies for the confusion, i thought it was trying to deploy on my computer yes, but i was mistaken.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 15 Jul, 2019 05:21 PM

Sorry for delay with reply. Did you re-run the whole build, or only Environment deployment? Can you please send a link to this build?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac