Need Latest CosmosDB Emulator

Joerb

26 Sep, 2019 10:59 PM

We have upgraded our application to use the recently released v3 of the .net Cosmos SDK. Local builds requited us to update our CosmosDB Emulator to at least v2.5.6.0. Those local builds are now successful.

However our Appveyour builds are now failing due to:

Microsoft.Azure.Documents.DocumentClientException: Invalid API version. Ensure a valid x-ms-version header value is passed. 
266Please update to the latest version of Azure Cosmos DB SDK., Microsoft.Azure.Documents.Common/2.1.0.0

I suspect this is because the version of the emulator installed at Appveyor is too old to interoperate with the new version of the .net SDK.

How do I confirm this and what is the way forward.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 27 Sep, 2019 12:57 AM

We'll update CosmosDB Emulator during the next images update. Please watch this issue: https://github.com/appveyor/ci/issues/3110

What build image is that, btw?

For installing the latest CosmosDB Emulator during the build (take a min or so) add this to appveyor.yml:

install:
    - ps: Start-FileDownload "https://aka.ms/cosmosdb-emulator" -FileName "$env:temp\cosmosdb-emulator.msi"
    - ps: cmd /c start /wait msiexec /i "$env:temp\cosmosdb-emulator.msi" /qn /quiet /norestart /log install.log

2. 2 Posted by Joerg on 27 Sep, 2019 01:52 AM

What build image is that, btw?

# Build Worker Image
    image: Previous Visual Studio 2017

That what you need?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 27 Sep, 2019 02:50 AM

Is there a reason you use Previous image?

4. 4 Posted by Joerg on 27 Sep, 2019 05:58 PM

In investigate why we are using Previous image. In the mean time installing the most recent as you suggest works. Though I had to uninstall the existing version with:

- wmic product where name="Azure Cosmos DB Emulator" call uninstall

You can close this case.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 27 Sep, 2019 06:02 PM

OK, thanks for the update!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac