Build stuck after running tests

Arnon

28 Oct, 2019 07:06 AM

Please have a look at this build: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/arnonax/testessentials
I re-ran it few times and it's always get stuck after the tests phase, and fails on timeout after 3 hours.
There's no error message or anything that can indicate what the problem could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Arnon.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 29 Oct, 2019 05:08 PM

Hi Arnon,

Most probably there is some child process (browser, driver, etc.) hanging after the tests are finished which prevents worker to go further to the next step.

As a solution you may try disabling automatic tests discovery and execution, then take that vstest.console command from the log and create a batch file in the root called tests.cmd with that command inside. Then running batch as a test command should do the trick. Let me know if you need any help with doing that.

2. 2 Posted by Arnon Axelrod on 10 Nov, 2019 04:42 PM

Hi Feodor,

I just want to let you know, that after a thorough investigation to find the root cause for this problem, it seems that it was resolved by AppVeyor itself, without me doing any change. I reran the build that was stuck and now it passed.

Thanks anyway,
    Arnon.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 11 Nov, 2019 11:52 PM

That's strange, but thanks for the update anyway :)

4. Feodor Fitsner closed this discussion on 03 Apr, 2020 06:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac