"organization" build fails because VC++ 9.0 is not present

Jon Guyer

13 Feb, 2020 02:51 PM

We are transitioning our AppVeyor runs from my user account to our organizational account.

Everything is seemingly identical, but everything passes on my user account, but the build fails on our organization account.

The logs are identical up to line 194 at which point the organization build fails because Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 is required. Get it from http://aka.ms/vcpython27.

Why is VC++ 9.0 present on my user build but not on my organization build?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 13 Feb, 2020 07:23 PM

It fails on organization account because by default all new accounts are running builds on Visual Studio 2019 image while your personal account defaults to Visual Studio 2015 image.

To fix that specify the image explicitly in appveyor.yml:

image: Visual Studio 2015

2. 2 Posted by Jon Guyer on 13 Feb, 2020 09:28 PM

Thank you, I got that working.

Is there someplace in the build interface that I can see that complete configuration? When I specify image: Visual Studio 2015, then the build matrix tells me that's what it's using, but previously, I didn't see any sign of which image was being used by default.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 13 Feb, 2020 11:00 PM

Put "image: Visual Studio 2015" to the top of .appveyor.yml.

Default image is configured in account level and is used when no "image" specified in YAML.

4. 4 Posted by Jon Guyer on 14 Feb, 2020 03:13 AM

Got it, thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac