Angular build not working for a commit that 5 days ago worked

Nicoj

19 Feb, 2020 08:41 AM

Yes, I am trying to deploy an angular version of my app cview.workshoppro.client the specific commit "develop 949921b6" this commit was build and deployed properly 5 days ago, but suddenly it is not working anymore and I can not build it.
Correct : https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ben_cvt/cview-workshoppro-client/builds/30808769
Incorrect: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ben_cvt/cview-workshoppro-client/builds/30901752

Please I need urgent help as we are in the middle of a production deployment and this is blocking me to do it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 19 Feb, 2020 03:32 PM

Hi Nicolas,

I see that project is building on Visual Studio 2015 image, but the last time this image updated was Jan 18 - month ago: https://www.appveyor.com/updates/2020/01/18/

There might be some changes upstream (NPM packages) or some code changes which broke the build.

Have you tried re-building the last successful commit?

2. 2 Posted by Nicolas Fernand... on 19 Feb, 2020 03:37 PM

Hi Feodor,

The two links I have send you are same commit with (in theory) identical package,json, appveyor.yml and angular.json.
    My main concern is why the first one was success (with exactly same code and configuration files) and the second one was not.

Regards

Nicolás José Martín Fernández | Sr Lead Developer and Architect | C View Technologies Limited

Mobile: +34 610 70 1915 | Skype: nicoj38911 | Website: www.cviewtechnologies.com<http://www.cviewtechnologies.com>

[signature_910047423]

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for use by the individual to whom it is addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify CView Technologies immediately by returning this e-mail to the sender and be advised that you have received this mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of it is strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Although CView Technologies operates an active anti-virus policy, the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail, including any attachments.

Enviado: miércoles, 19 de febrero de 2020 16:32
    Para: Nicolas Fernandez <[email blocked]>
    Asunto: Re: Angular build not working for a commit that 5 days ago worked [Problems #26334]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 19 Feb, 2020 03:50 PM

Right, you've already tried to re-build the same commit.

OK, then I'm pretty sure there is some module that changed recently and now breaking the build. There were no AppVeyor environment changes since Jan 18.

For example, look at the error ERROR in ./node_modules/ngx-daterangepicker-material/fesm5/ngx-daterangepicker-material.js. If you check the page of ngx-daterangepicker-material module you'll notice it was last changed 4 days ago. Try pinning that module to the previous version.

I think you can easily reproduce the issue locally if you do a clean clone to an empty directory, restore all modules from scratch and do the rest of build steps.

4. 4 Posted by Nicolas Fernand... on 19 Feb, 2020 03:55 PM

Hi Again,

I had pointed in the configuration file (package.json) of that commit

"ngx-daterangepicker-material": "^2.1.8"

which actually is an older version than the one that was updated 4 days ago.

So, I think it is quite unlikely that this will be the reason, dont you see anything else in your side?

Regards

Nicolás José Martín Fernández | Sr Lead Developer and Architect | C View Technologies Limited

Mobile: +34 610 70 1915 | Skype: nicoj38911 | Website: www.cviewtechnologies.com<http://www.cviewtechnologies.com>

[signature_910047423]

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for use by the individual to whom it is addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify CView Technologies immediately by returning this e-mail to the sender and be advised that you have received this mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of it is strictly prohibited.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Although CView Technologies operates an active anti-virus policy, the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail, including any attachments.

Enviado: miércoles, 19 de febrero de 2020 16:50
    Para: Nicolas Fernandez <[email blocked]>
    Asunto: Re: Angular build not working for a commit that 5 days ago worked [Problems #26334]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 19 Feb, 2020 05:48 PM

Nothing has been recently chanhed on AppVeyor side - the same image, the same Node.js version.

Try doing clean clone/build on your local machine.

6. 6 Posted by Nicolas Jose Ma... on 19 Feb, 2020 05:51 PM

I did, actually that is how I did the deployment as it was impossible from appveyor.
    It worked, so it makes even more weird this situation.
    So, we will need to investigate deeper but all the indicators point to the platform.

Mobile: +34 610 70 1915 | Skype: nicoj38911 | Website: www.cviewtechnologies.com (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/[email blocked]/0?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cviewtechnologies.com&recipient=dGVuZGVyMitkM2Y2NmYzZWEzQHRlbmRlcmFwcC5jb20%3D)

On feb. 19 2020, at 6:48 pm, Feodor Fitsner <[email blocked]> wrote:

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 19 Feb, 2020 06:03 PM

8. Feodor Fitsner closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2020 09:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac