macOS build with sftp deploy never finishes

jonathon love

29 Feb, 2020 08:11 AM

hi,

my macOS build with sftp deploy works perfectly, except that the build never finishes and eventually times out. see the build here:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/jonathon-love/jamovi-library/build/job/qnxfogb0ra6rfpt7

*all* the artifacts are built and uploaded, but the process hangs and never finishes.

any tips?

with thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 02 Mar, 2020 05:32 PM

Hi Jonathon,

Can you repro the issue with only one artifact uploaded via FTP?

2. 2 Posted by jonathon on 03 Mar, 2020 03:51 AM

hi,

yes, if i pare it back to a single artifact, the same thing happens. see here:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/jonathon-love/jamovi-library/build/job/yauxymj9050iyl79

with thanks

jonathon

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 04 Mar, 2020 04:54 AM

Looks like a wrong link?

4. 4 Posted by jonathon love on 04 Mar, 2020 05:38 AM

sorry, that link was to the most recent build, and i went on to do a rebuild (but that most recent build does demonstrate the issue). here's a link to the older build which uploaded only a single artifact and hung:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/jonathon-love/jamovi-library/builds/31196374/job/yauxymj9050iyl79

with thanks

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 04 Mar, 2020 06:19 PM

While we are working on the fix. Is there any chance you could give me a test login on that server to make sure the provider is working?

6. 6 Posted by jonathon love on 09 Mar, 2020 11:42 PM

hi,

sorry for the delay, i did respond earlier, but it doesn't look like it appeared.

i'm not sure i can get you a login unfortunately. by 'provider', do you mean the server that's being sftp'ed to? the provider looks to me to be working, because the linux and windows builds finish successfully ... even the macOS build uploads all it's artifacts correctly, it just doesn't seem to realise that it's finished. or is there more information from the server that may be relevant?

with thanks

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 09 Mar, 2020 11:58 PM

OK, could you please try to SSH to build worker and check the contents of build agent log: /usr/local/opt/appveyor-build-agent/build-agent.stdout.log

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac