All clouds within the group are either failing, offline, busy or reached build minutes quota.

noel.kuntze

13 Mar, 2020 03:07 PM

Hello,

I set up a private cloud Docker worker. It has the default of 40 build slots.
When the build slots are all used, AppVeyor aborts scheduling of new jobs with the error message as shown above.
Complete message: Cannot assign job to clouds/groups '88xx-Docker'. All clouds within the group are either failing, offline, busy or reached build minutes quota.

Shouldn't AppVeyor delay scheduling until slots are available? Otherwise the jobs need to be restarted manually.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards

Noel

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 13 Mar, 2020 06:26 PM

Hi Noel,

How would you consume all 40 build slots if account allows only 5 self-hosted jobs only?

2. 2 Posted by noel.kuntze on 15 Mar, 2020 05:28 PM

Hello Feodor,

I have no insight in how the Host Agent works. It's just that it seems to report that many jobs are currently run on the cloud. Probably a bug.

3. 3 Posted by noel.kuntze on 28 Sep, 2020 09:54 AM

Hello Feodor,

The problem still persists. Running the tests is very computation and IO intensive and I only have a single server available for it. For that reason, I need to run the tests in batches. Right now, AppVeyor aborts any tests that it can not run immediately on a custom cloud. That's obviously a problem for me because running more tests in parallel will make them all reach the timelimit of 60 minutes per tests. Also, it's inconvenient because it will significantly delay the time it takes to detect regressions and other problems with the code.

Please implement queueing for self hosted clouds.

Kind regards

Noel

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 28 Sep, 2020 04:36 PM

OK, you can limit the maximum number of parallel jobs for the given project by configuring that in appveyor.yml:

max_jobs: N

where N is less than or equal to the number of available/configured cloud workers.

Would that work?

5. 5 Posted by noel.kuntze on 29 Sep, 2020 10:49 AM

Hello Feodor,

Thank you, that worked for me.
    It'd be great if it was solved automatically by appveyor by queuing the jobs.

Kind regards

Noel

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 29 Sep, 2020 04:39 PM

Cool, thanks for the update!

7. Feodor Fitsner closed this discussion on 29 Sep, 2020 04:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac