appveyor.yml suddenly not being read; no matrix expansion, "MSBuild" mode error back despite build_script setting

Jason Madden

01 Jun, 2020 09:45 PM

Hi! I have a somewhat-complex appveyor.yml for building a Python project.

3 days ago, it was working as expected, expanding into a matrix of jobs and running my build_script (and assorted other scripts).

Today, without making any changes to appveyor.yml, I suddenly started getting the error message about MSBuild mode without a project file, and there was no matrix expansion.

I've tried various things in the UI (turning "Build: off", fetching a zip archive instead of directly from git and vice versa) and various tweaks to appveyor.yml (commenting out the vestigial build: section) but it seems my appveyor.yml is being completely ignored. Nothing I've been able to do gets the matrix to expand or my scripts to run.

My YAML validates structurally locally and I've checked over the YAML reference and don't see anything I've done wrong schema-wise. I haven't been able to find any information about changes that might have caused this either.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be happening? Thank you for any help.

1. 1 Posted by Jason Madden on 03 Jun, 2020 10:29 AM

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 03 Jun, 2020 05:04 PM

Make sure GitHub is still authorized on "Account -> Authorizations" page.

3. Feodor Fitsner closed this discussion on 03 Aug, 2020 09:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac