Project Nuget Package feed not pushing artifacts

abedig

22 Sep, 2015 12:16 AM

I feel like I have tried just about every combination of appveyor.yml settings and web portal settings and I still have yet to *ever* see artifacts pushed to the Project or Account Nuget feeds for my build. High level of what I am trying to achieve:

Whenever a commit is merged to master (default branch), the system runs the build, packages artifacts for any .nupkg file in the repository, and pushes it to the project Nuget feed. Today, it finds the artifacts just fine, but I cannot for the life of me get it to push to the Nuget feed.

We are using the appveyor.yml, and calling the following build script line to make the build:
build_script:
  - msbuild Platform.Tests.sln /verbosity:m /p:nowarn=472 /p:nowarn=1572 /p:nowarn=1573 /p:nowarn=1591 /p:nowarn=1998 /p:nowarn=4014

That said, I added the nuspec (and then generated the associated nupkg) files from a different solution in the repository. Based on this other discussion on your forum (http://help.appveyor.com/discussions/questions/1210-how-does-the-package-nuget-projects-feature-work), I'm guessing this might be the root of the issue. Do you have any other advice?

Possibly related but more down the road (i.e. once I have the Nuget piece working), ideally I could manage the nuspec files within the repository as a means of setting the major.minor version and use $(appveyor_build_version) to set the patch. I *think* this means I should not be generating the nupkg ahead of time, but instead relying on the build: section of the appveyor.yml to get it to compile the packages instead. Do you know if using the build section like this in the appveyor.yml will work while I am also specifying a build_script command in the appveyor.yml to actually run the build?

Thanks for your help. I have probably chased 50 dead ends on this but I want to stick with it because, if this really does everything I need it to, it will solve so many problems for our company.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 22 Sep, 2015 01:50 AM

Oh, you can't use automatic nuget packaging together with a custom build script through build_script.

2. 2 Posted by abedig on 22 Sep, 2015 09:25 AM

Would it work if the nupkg file was already in place (so no build section
    needed)? I just want to push the artifacts. Or is all PushArtifact use
    incompatible with build_script?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 22 Sep, 2015 07:32 PM

Yes, you could package using your own nuget package command in build_script.

Whenever you upload artifact with .nupkg extension it's getting published in project and account feeds automatically. You can upload artifacts either from script or declaratively: http://www.appveyor.com/docs/packaging-artifacts

4. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2018 02:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac