Visual Studio Toolset

phpfreaked9

26 Apr, 2016 05:29 AM

Hello,

I'm new to your service and i've been puzzled by something, i have a open source project that I am trying to set up and I have trouble creating the right environment where the my application builds. In specific my question is about the visual studio platform toolsets. I am using the Visual Studio 2015 image however i can't seem to use the targets v140.

Basically my project (https://github.com/phr34k/serpent) compiles initially using nmake, and from that point on it bootstraps itself, it should be able to cross compile itself using msbuild. However msbuild indicates the visual studio platform toolset cannot be found.
In the install phase I am calling vcvarsall.bat and after this call nmake is available is available in the environment. Is there any notable reason the visual studio it doesn't recognize the PlatformToolset v140? I get the following error when msbuild is run:

'''
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Win32\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(511,5): error MSB8008: Specified platform toolset (v140) is not installed or invalid. Please make sure that a supported PlatformToolset value is selected. [C:\projects\serpent\msvc\env.project
''''

If somebody could help me with this problem I would appreciate it much, is there a way to download the images to verify the installation and certain paths of the installation?

Cheers,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 26 Apr, 2016 05:41 AM

You can RDP into build worker and check paths: http://www.appveyor.com/docs/how-to/rdp-to-build-worker

2. 2 Posted by thanos.kazakos on 27 Jul, 2018 06:30 AM

Hello,

New here and I stumbled upon the same issue. What is the solution? Doesn't the yml specified image for "image: Visual Studio 2015" include the "Specified platform toolset (v140)"

Can I download and install them during compilation or init phase?

Any advice would be appreciated.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 27 Jul, 2018 02:37 PM

@thanos.kazakos please share link to failed build and build configuration in YAML format (use Export YAML button if you use UI). You can email to team at appveyor.com if you do not feel comfortable to share it in the forum.

4. 4 Posted by thanos.kazakos on 30 Jul, 2018 05:48 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I emailed the team and waiting for a response.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac