Build deployment issue

mainak

17 Oct, 2016 10:44 PM

Hi,

Build doesn't deploy though AppVeyor. I can deploy manually with no issues.

Here is appveyor.yml

deploy:
- provider: AzureCS
  subscription_id: abcde
  subscription_certificate:
    secure: wholestringhere
  storage_account_name: mystoragename
  storage_access_key:
    secure: securekey
  service: mymvcservice
  slot: Production
  artifact: MyCloudService.cspkg
  target_profile: MyCloudService.cscfg

Here is trace log

Deploying using AzureCS provider
Deploying to Windows Azure Cloud Service
Deploying Azure Cloud Service package "MyCloudService.cspkg" to service mymvcservice
Uploading package "MyCloudService.cspkg" to Azure Blob storage "asdf" as "packages/rmypackage/1.0.9/MyCloudService.cspkg"...OK
Upgrading existing deployment in Production environment...BadRequest : Your role instances have recycled a number of times during an update or upgrade operation. This indicates that the new version of your service or the configuration settings you provided when configuring the service prevent the role instances from running. Verify your code does not throw unhandled exceptions and that your configuration settings are correct and then start another update or upgrade operation.

1. 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 18 Oct, 2016 12:49 AM

Can you please confirm that you can deploy from local machine successfully?

--ilya.

2. 2 Posted by mainak trivedi on 18 Oct, 2016 12:51 AM

Yes, I am able to. In fact that fixes the website often left broken by this build.

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 5:49 PM
     Subject: Re: Build deployment issue [Problems #5419]

#yiv8429186257 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8429186257 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 18 Oct, 2016 12:57 AM

You need compare cspkg files created by appveyor build and by local build then. For that you can unpack them by 7z, then unpack azure roles (larges files) and then compare "bin" folders. We suspect that some assembly is missed in case of Appveyor-created package.

--ilya.

4. 4 Posted by mainak trivedi on 18 Oct, 2016 01:19 AM

Thanks. I see couple of dlls not present on appveyor side. So what should I do about those?

Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 5:57 PM

#yiv6321224276 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv6321224276 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

5. 5 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 18 Oct, 2016 01:35 AM

You need to understand what is the difference between Appveyor build and your local build. Appveyor uses msbuild if you do not run custom script. You can see msbuild command Appveyor is executing in a build log. Most probably locally you are using Visual Studio to build. If yes, please check what happens if you build with msbuild locally.

6. 6 Posted by mainak trivedi on 18 Oct, 2016 02:25 AM

One question, why does my publish project is build with debug configuration?
    msbuild "C:\projects\rsi-repo-wogso\xyx\xytz.ccproj" /p:Configuration="Debug" /p:Platform="AnyCPU" /verbosity:minimal /logger:"C:\Program Files\AppVeyor\BuildAgent\Appveyor.MSBuildLogger.dll" /t:Publish /p:PublishDir=C:\Users\appveyor\AppData\Local\Temp\1\naxon56yvs\

Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 6:35 PM

#yiv1658129065 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1658129065 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

7. 7 Posted by mainak on 18 Oct, 2016 05:18 PM

We are kind of stuck and build doesn't work though there are no differences at this stage.

This is my third email to this thread and my updates are not showing up in this thread either.

Regards
    Mainak

8. 8 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 18 Oct, 2016 05:55 PM

Hi Mainak,

Decision what configuration to build is made on what you have in Visual Studio solution file, then what you set in settings > build tab in Appveyor, and finally what is is your Visual Studio project file.

If you send us your solution and project files (only configuration/platform related parts) and screenshot of your build tab, we can explain exactly why it uses Debug configuration.

--ilya.

9. 9 Posted by mainak trivedi on 18 Oct, 2016 06:20 PM

It's not important right now unless that is the cause of issue. Build did not have any dll difference once I added references to those dlls and still didn't work. Do you think if there is anything that AppVeyor can check?
    At this point, I am out of options and would give up if there is nothing more to check.
    RegardsMainak

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:55 AM

#yiv8038346655 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8038346655 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

10. 10 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 18 Oct, 2016 06:27 PM

If you build on your local machine, with the same msbuild command as Appveyor uses, can you deploy from local machine after that?

11. 11 Posted by mainak trivedi on 18 Oct, 2016 07:18 PM

I wasn't able to deploy with debug configuration. When I changed to release, it worked. I tried setting Release in my repo build setting however still it builds with debug.how do i make it run with release config?

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:27 AM

#yiv3067098487 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv3067098487 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

12. 12 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 18 Oct, 2016 07:32 PM

Could you please send your solution (sln) and project (csproj) files (only configuration/platform related parts)?

13. 13 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 18 Oct, 2016 07:54 PM

Also please export your last config into YAML please

14. 14 Posted by mainak trivedi on 18 Oct, 2016 08:16 PM

I actually put configuration:  - Releasein yml file and now it seems to build with release and that seems to have worked.
    I will test some more.

Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:54 PM

#yiv9681118728 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv9681118728 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;} Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Build deployment issue. Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

15. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2018 02:09 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac