FTP upload takes 20 minutes and does not complete?

Dylan Hall

12 Apr, 2017 12:27 AM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do an initial configuration of appveyor to see if it's a good fit and it's been great to use so far, with one showstopper.

We have a website that is built by grunt, with all the files copied into a subfolder. none of these files are in the csproj so a web deploy is difficult but it's very easy to simply create a zip as an artefact and use the "application ftp upload" feature.

However, this takes exactly 20 minutes and not all the files upload - I suspect this is a timeout although no error is recorded.

Why is it so slow and is there any way to get this to complete?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 12 Apr, 2017 01:26 AM

Hi Dylan,

You can still try using WebDeploy according to this article.

You you need to stay with FTP, please share how your deployment configuration loom like and where does your FTP server located.

Ilya.

2. 2 Posted by Dylan Hall on 13 Apr, 2017 12:25 AM

I'm not sure why but my reply didn't seem to appear - the webdeploy method you linked is far easier than the "adding files to webdeploy" I'd been looking at and worked well.

Thank you for this!

3. 3 Posted by Dylan Hall on 18 Apr, 2017 05:40 AM

Can this build be parameterized with a parameters.xml? I'm trying to do this but it doesn't seem to work. Does it have to be a csproj-created web deploy for the parameters.xml to be respected?

It has the parameters.xml file in the root of the zip file but no parameters are changed.

Thank you for any help!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 18 Apr, 2017 06:06 AM

Yes, please check this part of documentation and this SO discussion.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac