"diagnositc" MSBuild verbosity level unavailable from appveyor.yml and the graphical editor.

tristynstimpson

10 Aug, 2014 07:51 AM

It appears that it is not possible to configure MSBuild to output a diagnostic build log.

Setting the verbosity level to diagnostic via verbosity: diagnostic will instead output a detailed MSBuild log. I've noticed that the appveyor.yml reference reveals only the first 4 verbosity levels. It's consistent with the graphical settings editor which also excludes diagnostic verbosity.

I am currently debugging an issue where a project that depends on a NuGet package with custom .targets is failing to build only on appveyor VMs, and we need a diagnostic MSBuild log to view the resolved properties.

Is there a batch command that I could run in place of the build pipeline as a temporary workaround to resolve my issue?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 10 Aug, 2014 02:11 PM

But AppVeyor passes "verbosity" string from YAML "as is" without any checks/modifications. I've set verbosity in YAML and it works: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/appvyr/wix-test

Make sure:
    1) You don't have "Skip appveyor.yml" enabled on General properties.
    2) Check that you have correct verbosity setting in the first msbuild command (4th line in build log)

2. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2018 01:47 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac