Source Only Nuget Package is not being found

d3labar

12 Aug, 2017 03:14 AM

I'm getting errors for https://ci.appveyor.com/project/daryllabar/dlab-xrm-xrmtoolboxtools.

Line 8 is Restoring NuGet package DLaB.Common.Sources.1.0.4.11.
But the first error is line 162 CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'C:\projects\dlab-xrm-xrmtoolboxtools\DLaB.CrmSvcUtilExtensions\App_Packages\DLaB.Common.Sources.1.0.4.11\ConfigKeyValueSplitInfo.cs' could not be found. That file exists in the DLaB.Common.Sources package...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 14 Aug, 2017 08:35 PM

Correct me if I wrong, those CrmSvcUtilExtensions.cspro references assume that DLaB.CrmSvcUtilExtensions folder contains App_Packages sub-folder with all that content, right? I believe it exists on your local machine, but I cannot understand how it supposed to appear on build VM, if it does not exist in repo...

2. 2 Posted by d3labar on 15 Aug, 2017 03:00 AM

DLaB.Common.Sources.1.0.4.11 is a source only NuGet Package (https://nikcodes.com/2013/10/23/packaging-source-code-with-nuget/). When I install it locally, it creates the files in the App_Packages sub-folder. I could deletethose files, and re-install the nuget package, and it would bring in the source files.

I live in a world where I have to deploy everything to a sandbox environment where I can't reference external dlls, so rather than IL-Merging everything, source only nuget Packages are really nice.

Thanks!

Daryl LaBar

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 16 Aug, 2017 03:37 AM

Sorry my ignorance. I see now. But if you look at logs nuget restores those sources to default packages folder: Adding package 'DLaB.Common.Sources.1.0.4.11' to folder 'C:\projects\dlab-xrm-xrmtoolboxtools\packages'. Maybe you have custom repositoryPath settings in packages.config on your machine?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac