No artifact found that can be deployed using WebDeploy

Mark Rendle

11 Sep, 2014 08:16 AM

I've just started a trial of AppVeyor, and I've got a solution with an ASP.NET MVC web project in it, which builds fine, but it doesn't look like any of the tests are being run and the build bombs out with:

"Neither 'WebDeploy package', nor 'Web application', nor 'Zip archive' artifact was found that can be deployed using WebDeploy provider."

I've tried to follow the documentation, but it seems like this is supposed to just work, and it's not.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 11 Sep, 2014 01:42 PM

Hi Mark,

Do you have "Package Web Applications for Web Deploy" enabled on Build tab of project settings?

-Feodor

2. 2 Posted by Hugues on 10 Jul, 2018 04:51 PM

We are in 2018. I have the same problem on AppVeyor. Same message.

My solution is a MVC VS 2017 project with .NET Core 2. The build is OK. After, I receive the following message: "Neither 'WebDeploy package', nor 'Web application', nor 'Zip archive' artifact was found that can be deployed using WebDeploy provider."

"Package Web Applications for Web Deploy" option is selected.

WHhat is the problem?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 10 Jul, 2018 07:17 PM

@Hugues sorry for the confusion. This checkbox works for .NET Framework ASP.NET Web applications (not .NET Core ones). For .NET Core, you have to run dotnet publish after build and then package published folder as an artifact.

YAML sample:

after_build:
    - cmd: dotnet publish src\CoreWebApplication1 --output %appveyor_build_folder%\dist
    artifacts:
    - path: dist

If you use UI, add dotnet publish command as After build script in Build tab and set folder to package artifact in Artifacts tab.
    Optionally you can set artifact name and use it in Web Deploy settings, but it is not needed if you have only one artifact.

Side note. If you deploy to Azure by any change, consider Zip push deploy.

4. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 09 Sep, 2018 09:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac