Different versions of VSSDK

cfbarbero

11 Sep, 2014 03:11 PM

I'm having issues with the VSSDK support in AppVeyor. I'm contributing to a github project that builds a VSIX and therefore relies on the VSSDK. I forked the project and setup an AppVeyor build which appears to use the VSSDK/v12 and successfully builds. However, my pull requests against the original project fail and it appears that the AppVeyor build for that project are using VSSDK/v11.

Forked project (successful builds): https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cfbarbero/slow-cheetah/build/1.0.14...

1937 Target "ValidateVsixManifest" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\ v12.0 \VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets" from project "C:\projects\slow-cheetah\SlowCheetah\SlowCheetah.csproj" (target "DetokenizeVsixManifestFile" depends on it):

1938 Using "ValidateVsixManifest" task from assembly "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\ v12.0 \VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.Build.Tasks.dll".

Original project (failing builds): https://ci.appveyor.com/project/sayedihashimi/slow-cheetah/build/1....

1906 Target "ValidateVsixManifest" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\ v11.0 \VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets" from project "C:\projects\slow-cheetah\SlowCheetah\SlowCheetah.csproj" (target "DetokenizeVsixManifestFile" depends on it):

1907 Using "ValidateVsixManifest" task from assembly "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\ v11.0 \VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.Build.Tasks.dll".

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 11 Sep, 2014 04:05 PM

Will take a look.

-Feodor

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 12 Sep, 2014 08:58 PM

Is it still running with appveyor.yml?

My guess would be environment variables. If there are environment variables defined for that project on UI they are merged with those ones defined in appveyor.yml.

3. 3 Posted by cfbarbero on 14 Sep, 2014 04:11 AM

You were correct. There were some custom environment variables defined. Removing those fixed the issues.

Thanks!

4. cfbarbero closed this discussion on 14 Sep, 2014 04:11 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac