xunit tests in netstandard 2.0 project not discovered

peter.morlion

07 Nov, 2017 09:19 AM

I have a solution containing three netstandard 2.0 projects and 3 xunit projects. Everything builds fine, but AppVeyor doesn't run the tests. The build log says "Discovering tests...OK" and then just continues on. My source can be found on GitHub here

These tests are discovered by both Visual Studio and ReSharper.

I've tried adding the xunit.runner.console package and adding the test line in the appveyor.yml file, but that didn't change anything.

I've seen this issue, but reading the latest comments, it seems it should be working now? Or at least attempting to run the tests?

Any ideas? Or should I still trigger the tests myself with dotnet test?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 07 Nov, 2017 11:33 PM

Hi Peter,

We rely on existence of Microsoft.NET.Test.Sdk package to make a decision if project is .NET Core test project or not. I found this discussion and indeed maybe it is not mandatory package. However I am not sure we can safely remove this condition when detecting test projects, at least without extensive testing.

I filed this issue for myself.

Can you consider adding this package to your project or you will add manual test commands?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac