On-Premise?

andreas.brekne

28 Sep, 2015 01:00 PM

I'm trying to find some info about an on-premise option for AppVeyor. I've found out that there seems to be one, is it possible to get some info baout this?

Thanks in advance!

1. 1 Posted by Jeremy Blosser on 02 Oct, 2015 10:39 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. Would really like to try out the on-premise version of AppVeyor but the only info I've seen is talk of a Beta in Jan 2015 -- which is 9 months ago...

2. 2 Posted by Ryan on 04 Oct, 2015 07:47 PM

This topic also intrigues me... thinking if more people show interest...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 04 Oct, 2015 08:21 PM

The reason on-premise program was postponed is some dependencies such as Service Bus for Windows (on-prem version of Azure Service Bus) which is really hard to deploy, maintain and support. Because of that the whole product installation is not so flawless. Also Service Bus crashes on machines with .NET 4.6 installed and looks like Microsoft stopped it's development/support.

So, our next step in order to make it happen again is replacing SB with alternative queuing engine. RabbitMQ is the most promising candidate right now. You can recommend something else.

4. 4 Posted by Jeremy Blosser on 05 Oct, 2015 03:27 PM

For alternatives, there are more "simplistic" approaches such as ZeroMQ, Redis and SQL Service Broker.

But for something with similar capabilities, RabbitMQ is a pretty good choice and actually fairly easy to get up and going with.

I have a theory that Microsoft's continued push of BizTalk as an ESB solution (it isn't, but BizTalk is the continual solution looking for a problem) is one reason why Service Bus for Windows has languished. But the most compelling reason being that the underlying Azure infrastructure just isn't there for a typical Windows install (Like Azure Queues).

5. 5 Posted by Manuel on 13 Feb, 2017 09:12 PM

What's going on here?

6. 6 Posted by Ömer Cinbat on 01 May, 2017 11:59 AM

Are there any news about this option? :)

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 01 May, 2017 04:14 PM

"On-premise" development has been put on hold as we decided to focus on hosted part instead.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac