Can I strip the leading subfolders off an archive path when it's published?

trejkaz

15 May, 2018 05:05 AM

(Originally a side-question from here)

A build I've gotten working recently publishes an artifact from a directory further into the project, like this:

artifacts:
  - path: lib_vrinputemulator\%CONFIGURATION%\LibVRInputEmulator.zip
    name: LibVRInputEmulator

This results in awkward archive URLs, but it also means that if the directory ever got renamed or relocated, other builds relying on this path would then fail.

Is there a way to strip off the "lib_vrinputemulator\Release\" for the actual published result?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 16 May, 2018 04:29 AM

You can copy LibVRInputEmulator.zip to the build folder (APPVEYOR_BUILD_FOLDER environment variable) as part of build_scriptor after_build script and the set - path: LibVRInputEmulator.zip in artifacts settings.

2. 2 Posted by trejkaz on 16 May, 2018 04:31 AM

I figured that was the case too, but it does mean copying extra files.

At the moment I'm dodging it by changing the path the zip is created in to put it directly in the root, but it still seems like a build should be able to put its artifact anywhere it wants, and then it should be possible to pick them up from anywhere with any path.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac