Stats on how often a build waits for an available job

mharen

13 Aug, 2018 11:33 AM

I'm curious how often my team's builds are queued because we run out of concurrent jobs (suggesting I should buy more jobs). Is there a report, api, etc. of aggregate build stats that might show this, or other interesting things?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 13 Aug, 2018 09:14 PM

We have no such reports available, but we can run some queries for you, For example we can provide you with say last month build jobs which were in queue longer than 1 minute, which is indication that they were needed to wait for other jobs. If you are interested, please provide your account name.

2. 2 Posted by mharen on 14 Aug, 2018 03:41 PM

Hi Ilya, I ended up putting some things together. I pulled down job histories by hitting the rest api and then compiled these stats, which you might consider adding to a reporting area in the future:

- wait time histogram, e.g. count of jobs that waited less than 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, etc.. For me, 75% are started within 1 minute, 90% within 2 minutes...
    - build time histogram, e.g. count of jobs that were finished in less than 1 minute, 2 minutes, etc.
    - most frequent builds by project
    - most frequent builds by author who triggered them
    - busiest days of week
    - busiest hours of the day
    - projects with the longest median build time

Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 21 Aug, 2018 03:39 AM

Thank you! Create issue to track this.

4. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 21 Oct, 2018 09:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac