Problems configuring build artifiacts

Scott Dorman

31 May, 2014 06:40 PM

I'm trying to setup one of my projects to store build artifacts but haven't been successful.

I want files from several different directories to be bundled into a single zip file. For example, the following 3 DLLs should all be bundled into a

I have tried different variations for a wildcard pattern for the build artifact path, but nothing seems to work. The most recent pattern is "src/**/bin/$(configuration)". Is this possible and, if so, what am I missing?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 31 May, 2014 07:04 PM

Well, automatic packaging is either pushing a single file as artifact or pushing entire folder as a zip.

If you need to push several files as a zip I'd use 7z (which is already in PATH) and then appveyor.exe command-line or PS cmdlet to push archive to artifacts:

2. 2 Posted by Scott Dorman on 31 May, 2014 09:31 PM

Ok. That makes sense. It would be nice if I didn't have to do it through script but as long as that's available to me I should be ok. It sounds like the alternative then would be to have 3 build artifacts, one for each separate DLL.

Is it possible to have one build artifact has a wildcard "group" for extensions? That would let me do something like this:

That would allow me to ensure that I only pick up those 3 files from the bin directory rather than everything. I'm pretty sure I could do this as separate build artifacts, but in my case that would mean a total of 9 artifacts and any time I add a new project I would be adding 3 artifacts.

3. 3 Posted by Scott Dorman on 31 May, 2014 09:36 PM

Actually, would defining the build artifacts like this work? (See attached file.)

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 31 May, 2014 10:02 PM

Yeah, it should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

For [dll|pdb|xml] I think we could just support regex, because glob syntax is something limited. You'll be able to define path like /your_regex_here/.

5. 5 Posted by Scott Dorman on 01 Jun, 2014 03:42 AM

That sort of worked. Actually, it did work but I ended up with multiple copies of the DLLs as build artifacts due to the fact that there are cross-project references. I ended up using an "on build success" script which used 7z to create the archive.

Yes, supporting regex rather than a glob syntax would be better. That would provide the most flexibility.

6. 6 Posted by Scott Dorman on 06 Aug, 2014 09:04 PM

Any updates on this request?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 07 Aug, 2014 01:32 AM

Haven't started yet, but don't think it's going to be hard to implement.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Already uploaded files

• 2014-05-31_14_37_50-cadru_-_AppVeyor_-_Internet_Explorer.png 11.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac