How to renew Lets Encrypt cert on self-hosted AppVeyor

Oliver Collyer

03 Jun, 2020 09:25 AM

So a while back I got things working with Lets Encrypt (https://help.appveyor.com/discussions/problems/26476-self-hosted-cant-get-lets-encrypt-working)

60 days later it's expired but AppVeyor has not automatically renewed it.

Is this something I need to do manually, and if so how would I do it? I found some instructions relating to AppVeyor Enterprise, but that details a different approach for originally setting up Lets Encrypt. I just used the AppVeyor build-in web-interface.

Any advice appreciated. I suppose I could just delete the cert and get a new one?

1. 1 Posted by Oliver Collyer on 03 Jun, 2020 10:20 AM

So in the end I've just deleted the cert from %ProgramData%\AppVeyor\Server and then gone through the usual steps again and that has worked.

Can I request a feature for this to be automatically done by AppVeyor if that is possible?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 03 Jun, 2020 05:15 PM

In theory, it should be renewed automatically 30 days before expiration. There is a constant task running on a background every 1 hour checking the cert. Must be something went wrong. Are there any errors/warnings in AppVeyor Event Log?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

02 Jul, 2020 03:24 PM
01 Jul, 2020 08:32 PM
01 Jul, 2020 01:12 PM