C# 7 syntax support in Visual Studio 2017 image

geovanni.perez

26 Jun, 2017 04:36 PM

Hi,

I have some issues with MSBUILD using C# 7 syntax using the VS2017 image at this project (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/geoperez/ffmediaelement).

Am I missing any extra configuration in order to support the MSBUILD to use C# 7?

Thank you

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 27 Jun, 2017 01:27 AM

Hi Geovanni,

Apparently your build used default (VS2015) image. I sent you PR to use VS2017.

Ilya

2. 2 Posted by geovanni.perez on 27 Jun, 2017 01:30 AM

So I need to configure in the YML file? Thank you

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 27 Jun, 2017 01:32 AM

Yes, as long as you have YAML, it takes over UI, with few exceptions.

4. 4 Posted by Pavel Khritonen... on 16 Oct, 2017 12:40 AM

I use Fake for writing build scripts and it can't find MSBuild of version 15, only version 14. It has a configuration option to specify VisualStudio version and msBuildExe file but still can't found MSBuild of version 15, even I specified VS2017. It found MSBuild version 14. Could you help me with the path of version 15?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 16 Oct, 2017 07:24 AM

You can run where msbuild command at any build stage on Visual Studio 2017 build worker image. Anyway it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe

If you still have issues, please send us link to the problem build and your build configuration in YAML format (use Export YAML if you use UI).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac