Enable remote debug on deploy to Azure Cloud?

julian.elve

30 Sep, 2014 05:37 AM

Has anyone cracked how to enable remote debug for an Azure Cloud Service deployed through Appveyor?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 30 Sep, 2014 05:44 PM

I understand it's like adding some settings into cscfg, right?

2. 2 Posted by julian.elve on 30 Sep, 2014 07:27 PM

I was reading this

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/cloud-services-virtual-machines-dotnet-continuous-delivery-remote-debugging/#cloudservice

and trying to work out how to intercept and modify the msbuild command that appveyor does to package the cloud artefact in order to insert the debugger components

If it's just a case of patching the cscfg before build and making sure the right certificate is in the cloud service, then I can see how to do that (I already have a pre-build script that does a branch-sensitive patch of cscfg)

Julian

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 30 Sep, 2014 07:32 PM

I think you could have additional cscfg in your project with debug settings.

However, if you need to pass additional properties into Cloud Service packaging process like in the link above you could try setting them in environment variables.

4. 4 Posted by julian.elve on 30 Sep, 2014 10:12 PM

Yes going to try that

Already have ps script to patch cscfg connection strings and config elements based on branch so they are right for test or prod environments - do this in script that runs after repo clone and nuget restore but before build

From look of it just need to extend script to add two keys (plus of course put the debug cert in my test cloud service)

Julian

5. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2018 01:48 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac