Is it possible to use a Git repository hosted by CodebaseHQ?

Joannes Vermorel

21 Nov, 2014 08:22 PM

I see that Github and BitBucket are listed, but is it possible to plug into the AppVeyor process an alternate Git repository such one hosted by CodebaseHQ? Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 21 Nov, 2014 09:59 PM

Hi Joannes,

It's not, but we'll be working on that feature in the coming week. Stay tuned.

2. 2 Posted by Joannes Vermore... on 20 Oct, 2015 08:14 AM

Hi Feodor,

Any news on the CodebaseHQ side? Thanks!

Best regards,
    Joannès

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Feodor Fitsner on 20 Oct, 2015 05:11 PM

Hi Joannes,

I'd add a new issue here https://github.com/appveyor/ci/issues so others could vote for adding support for CodebaseHQ.

4. 4 Posted by Amine Chadly on 13 Aug, 2018 04:16 PM

Hi Joannes, Feodor.
    I thought you'd like to know that the codebaseHq post-received notifications format is similar enough to what AppVeyor can process to have automatic builds triggered for master.
    One simply needs to add a hook pointing to the target project Web hook URL.
    However it doesn't work for commits on other branches even though the project is configured to build for all.
    It may be easy for you guys to tell us what's failing for that ?
    We might get a way to tweak the payload from CodebaseHq to fit your needs.
    By the way adding the possibility to access to the logs of webHooks processing would be nice ;-]
    Given their available API I think it may be not so difficult for you guys to add a native integration to CodebaseHQ which would be nice.
    Not being able to use an appveyor.yml is a minor inconvenience that I would love to get rid of, but after building for all branches.
    Kind regards.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 13 Aug, 2018 10:47 PM

Hi Amine,

You are saying that codebaseHq webhooks work for some single branch but not for others? If yes, please check project Events at https://ci.appveyor.com/project/<account_name>/<project_slug>/events.

If this does not help, please send us exact time (in UTC) and webhook details for both cases when build was successfully triggered by webhook and when it was not triggered.

Additionally this can give you an idea of webhook content expected by AppVeyor for generic Git repositories, but if some branch works OK, I think that problem is unrelated to webhook content.

For appveyor.yml you can use alternative location.

Ilya.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac