Performance issues in PHP core tests

Anatol Belski

08 Feb, 2019 07:20 PM

Hi,

I'm writing to ask for support with an issue in the PHP test jobs https://ci.appveyor.com/project/php/php-src/history . That issue increasingly shows up in that jobs seem to take ever longer and exceed the one hour barrier. This happens sporadically and of course every new PHP version adds new tests. But right because the jobs take longer sporadically suggests there might be an issue also on the AppVeyor side. I also left a comment https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/3789#issuecomment-460887026 on GitHub where this issue is being discussed. Could you advise please, which options would be viable to investigate these slowdowns, or perhaps there were something to be done on the AppVeyor side?

Thanks

Anatol

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ilya Finkelshte... on 08 Feb, 2019 07:58 PM

Hi Anatol,

No need to skip any tests :) Your build is probably quite CPU-hungry because I see that those slow builds happened on VMs which run on specific Hyper-V machines (AWS "bare-metal" instances we instantiate during load spikes or maintenance) which has a little bit lower CPU clock rate than the ones in our datacenter. We set your builds to avoid those VMs. Also we increased your build timeout to 90 minutes, just in case. You should be good now. And please ping us anytime you need.

Ilya.

2. 2 Posted by Anatol Belski on 08 Feb, 2019 09:02 PM

Hi Ilya,

thanks a lot, that's a great news. Just waiting for some new builds now. Please feel free to close the ticket, if you don't hear from me in next couple of days.

Thanks

Anatol

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac