Python installer fails

Youka

21 Mar, 2019 08:01 PM

Hello,

i need to install Python (system-wide; with Windows registry entries) as requirement for another installation (called Vapoursynth).
After downloading the installer successfully, executing the .exe results in exit code 1 without any message.
I read UAC is disabled and i'm an administrator already on appveyor. I followed the instructions to install python without ui. Everything works on my native Windows system.
Would really appreciate help :/

Thanks in advance!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 21 Mar, 2019 09:59 PM

Is this the output you expect?

2. 2 Posted by Youka on 22 Mar, 2019 07:57 AM

No, i tried to install Python 3.7.2 (see curl url), the output is the default Python installation of appveyor (Python 2.7 folder + addition to Windows PATH).
    For debugging i added || to the commands for an alternative output (Python installer fails and shows directory; Vapoursynth installer fails and can't even show log file because it never started).

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 22 Mar, 2019 03:15 PM

Python 3.7.2 is already on the build machine.

Just add set "PATH=C:\Python37-x64;C:\Python37-x64\Scripts;%PATH%" to your configuration.

4. 4 Posted by Youka on 22 Mar, 2019 07:18 PM

I can't because the reason to install Python is to be able to install Vapoursynth which requires registry entries (among other possibilities) from system-wide Python installation at installer startup.
    Furthermore i don't want to rely too much on appveyor pre-installed software and mimic what users have to do on a new windows system.

Are there security issues or special restrictions for appveyor builds i have to consider?
    I'm sorry having to insist on that :/ Thanks so far for your help.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Owen McDonnell on 25 Mar, 2019 06:20 AM

After doing some testing with the python installer I determined that the InstallAllUsers feature was the one that was making the command fail. But it should succeed if you first install the version pre-installed.

You can try adding these lines to your install: section before downloading and installing python.

- C:\Users\appveyor\AppData\Local\"Package Cache"\{c0f1e976-f585-48f8-968d-48c870496d4e}\python-3.7.2-amd64.exe /uninstall /passive
    - set "PATH=C:\Program Files\Python37;C:\Program Files\Python37\Scripts;%PATH%"

6. Ilya Finkelshteyn closed this discussion on 25 May, 2019 09:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac